In February 2018, we launched our first two Missional Communities at FBC. What are Missional Communities?
- A Missional Community is a group of people that intentionally does life together on a long-term basis.
- They meet at least bi-weekly, ideally on a weekly basis.
- They share a meal together (either provided by the host, rotated among the group members, or potluck - as determined by each group internally).
- They meet in a person's home or rotate homes, as the group determines.
- The host is not necessarily the person leading the study/prayer/discussion.
- Each Missional Community serves the city in some way once a month, or a minimum of once every two months (depending on schedules).
- They have various "jumping in" points throughout the year, when new people can join a group that has an opening, or a new group may be formed.