Job Title: Ministry Coordinator
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Hours and Compensation: 15-20 hrs/wk, $18-20/hr, DOE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This role is focused on facilitating the various ministries of the church, in line with what we see in Acts 6. There the apostles appointed persons who were “full of the Spirit and of wisdom” to tend to the specific needs of the flock. The person in this role will help free up the pastor in his role of more effectively praying, preaching, and pastoring.
Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and authority of Jesus Christ, this person is empowered to provide assistance to the church in the following ways:
- Provide ministry support with the Senior Pastor:
- Help to set up and maintain schedule of pastoral phone calls and meetings, working to keep senior pastor on task with schedule
- aid in creating and editing various elements for online church servicesaid in creating and editing various elements for online church services
- Coordinate volunteers within the congregation for church programs (i.e. Bible studies, etc.)
- Handle scheduling and arrangements for church events, as necessary
- Maintain an up-to-date church database to facilitate keeping congregation members connected
- Coordinate a system of congregational care (cards, gifts, visits, etc)
Required Competency and Skills
You fit our church if:
- You share our vision and beliefs
- You have a heart for the city of Bellingham
- You are excited to see the church flourish and become its best.
- You are deeply committed to prayer and a vibrant secret life with God.
- You are a self-starter, while also a team player.
- You have a strong eye for detail and excellence (not perfectionism).
- You are empathetic and caring of people.
- You exhibit teachability, humility, and wisdom in decision making.
- You are skilled in administration, time management, and have established healthy boundaries with other people.
A Christian in submission to the authority of the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit, as evident in lifestyle. Subscribes to and is in full agreement with First Baptist Church, Bellingham’s statement of faith and covenant. Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
Skills: Should have some proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software, as well as appropriate social media platforms. Technologically adept.
Experience: At least 2 years experience with office administration.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.